Best Free Mind Mapping Software
A few days ago I came across the best free mind mapping software yet and thought I’d share the love with ya.
The software called FreeMind is a tool that can help you stay organized, assist with establishing a blueprint for your internet business, and keep you on the track to success! Mapping out your vision is like preparations you should make before going on a week long vacation. Most people wanting to have an enjoyable vacation plan out AHEAD OF TIME the best roads to take, equipment to bring, the hotel stay in, etc… Using mind mapping software helps you execute your plan effectively, and saves you the burden of not having to wonder what blog posts to write, how to launch a product, the steps to take, and so forth.
I used to use Microsoft Excel to map out the course of action I would be taking for a particular website, but this free software makes it tons easier. Enjoy the find and have fun becoming more effective with your time!
Here’s a summary of mind mapping to help you get started:
Applying Mind Mapping 101
STEP 1: What in the world is this?
“A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea. Mind maps are used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, decision making, and writing.
The elements of a given mind map are arranged intuitively according to the importance of the concepts, and are classified into groupings, branches, or areas, with the goal of representing semantic or other connections between portions of information. Mind maps may also aid recall of existing memories.
By presenting ideas in a radial, graphical, non-linear manner, mind maps encourage a brainstorming approach to planning and organizational tasks. Though the branches of a mindmap represent hierarchical tree structures, their radial arrangement disrupts the prioritizing of concepts typically associated with hierarchies presented with more linear visual cues. This orientation towards brainstorming encourages users to enumerate and connect concepts without a tendency to begin within a particular conceptual framework.
The mind map can be contrasted with the similar idea of concept mapping. The former is based on radial hierarchies and tree structures denoting relationships with a central governing concept, whereas concept maps are based on connections between concepts in more diverse patterns.”
STEP 2: Questions that mind mapping solves:
- What format and system do I follow to make money online?
- How will I move forward with planning out my entire website?
- What do I label my pages and what order do I place them?
- What blog topics will I write and when should I do it?
- Who will be working with me on my team to operate my website?
STEP 3: Benefits – Applications of Mind Mapping:
- Gives you a blueprint to follow to keeps your online business on target and on track!
- You won’t have to wonder every day “what should I blog about”, or “how should organize my website layout”.
- Great way to help your customer and business partners see the “vision” of where you are going with your business.
- You can convert that map to many extension such as your own html website, PDF, etc..
STEP 4: Examples. The rubber meets the road:
STEP 5: Software – Free and Paid:
- Free Mind – Download Free Mind here: http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download
- CMapTools – free mindmapping tool with exporting capabilities
- Mindomo – online mind map tool in two flavors: Basic (free)
- Mind Meister: Basic is free – http://www.mindmeister.com/
- Ayoa: https://www.ayoa.com/
- MindVisualizer: http://www.innovationgear.com/mind-mapping-software/
- MindManager – capture ideas from several sources and create mind maps with them
- MindGenius – easy, intuitive mindmapping tool for everyone
- NovaMind – conduct brainstorming sessions and create mindmaps with their outcome
- ConceptDrawMindmap – professional tool to create concept maps
STEP 6: Further mind mapping insight:
- I personally view mind mapping as an absolute MUST before developing and launching website; however you don’t necessarily need to use a software to do a mind map or flow chart of your website. You can simply write it down on paper, or use other programs, etc.. The main goal is you have a PLAN that gives you a ROAD MAP to the destination or journey you want to experience/achieve.