Over the past 5 years I’ve discovered all types of business models to implement in making money online ranging from affiliate sites, membership systems, domain name selling, whole selling, and ecommerce. The later is the one I want to talk with you about today. There are 6 reasons why I would recommend going first with an ecommerce business:
- Difficult to duplicate fast: it’s difficult for people to duplicate your business because it takes a lot more work compared to an affiliate business for example.
- Most of the work is required upfront: Ongoing duties include generating traffic, testing and customer service.
- Mom and Pop Category: most of the stores in our realm are in the mom and pop category. It’s easier to enter into these markets.
- Most of the sales happen the first time they visit because they already know they want the product.
- Value per Visitor. Once your site is up and running the value per visitor rarely goes under a dollar. It usually is around 1 to 2 dollars per visitor.
- Conversion rates. Testing is required for this of course, but normally the rates a comparably high. You don’t have to convince them to buy since they already want it as long as you’ve set up your biz correctly.