Step 1: Now click on the “Sign Up Now” button in the middle of the screen.
Step 2: Register your domain name. On this page you can either search for and register a new domain name, or register an existing domain name you have already purchased. Simply type in the domain you want to search for, or register to move to the next step.
Step 3: On this step you’ll need to complete the domain name registration process along with signing up for a hosting account with Bluehost.
· If you want to purchased additional domain name extensions such as the .net, .org, .info, or .biz you can do that here. One of the major benefits of securing additional domain name extensions is to no have to worry about etc… Choosing a .com is the most common and is recommended.
· Under the “Account Information” section you’ll need to complete all the required and relevant fields.
· In the “Package Information” section you’ll have the option of choosing your hosting plan. If you can afford to go with a 2yr hosting plan or longer we recommend that for SEO purposes. If you can’t afford the 2yr or longer plan you can just sign up for the 1 year.
o Choosing the “Sitelock” and “Domain Whois Privacy” options are up to you and are NOT required.
· In the “Billing Information” section simply choose the payment method you desire to use to pay for your hosting with Bluehost. You have the option of choosing to pay with credit card, or with PayPal.
· Make sure you have read the Terms of Service and marked the box and then click on “Next”
Step 4: Complete the purchase: Once you are done paying for hosting, Bluehost will automatically email you your login username and password. You’ll want to make sure you keep that email and write the username and password down and keep it in a secure place to use in the future. The username will normally be your domain name, and the password you’ll need to create.
Step 5: Sign in to your account. Go back to www.BlueHost.com and click on the “Control Panel Login” up at the top right of the page that will bring you to the login page. Use the Username and Password that you created upon registering for your account with Bluehost. You should have received an email with this information as well in case you have forgotten it. If needed, you can also click on the “Forgotten Password?” function below to reset your password with Bluehost.
Step 6: Upon logging in you can exit out of the pop-ups that appear on your screen.
Step 7:Scroll down the page until you see the “Software/Services” area and then click on the “Simple Scripts” Icon.
Step 8:Now, under the “Blogs” section, click on “WordPress” icon to move forward.
Step 9: Now, click on “Install” a brand new version.
Step 10: Follow the three steps on the page to complete the installation of WordPress:
1. Installation Preferences: Make sure you choose the most recent “Stable” version of WordPress from the dropdown menu.
a. Where would you like WordPress installed? Choose the domain name you want to install WordPress on. You can choose to install it on the www version of your domain name if you’d like.
2. Advanced Options: Click on the “Click here to display” link to see the instructions for this step.
a. The most important thing to do here is to create a UNIQUE username and password. Make sure it’s something you’ll remember. You’ll use this username and password every time you login to your WordPress administration area that you’ll have access to once WordPress is officially installed on your domain name.
b. Make sure the box that says “Automatically create a new database” is marked!
3. Legal Information: Read the terms and conditions, mark the box, and then click on “Complete”
Step 11: This is the last step you’ll need to take to install WordPress successfully onto the domain name of your choice. Simply wait for the installation to complete on this page. Once the installation is complete you’ll be given the Site URL and Login URL. The Site URL is your website homepage. The Login URL is where you login to change and control anything you want for your WordPress website. You’ll now want to click on the Login URL.
Step 12: Once you are at your website login page for your WordPress site, go ahead and login using the username and password you used to set up your account in step 10.
Step 13:Once you login you should see your Dashboard
That’s it! Your WordPress site is now set up and ready to customize, optimize, and monetize.